The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) at NCE, Hassan is very well aware of the fact that Computer Science Engineering drives the world and has become an indispensable part of human civilization. Prospective computer engineers are supervised and guided by experts to study and solve complex problems in computing in all walks of human endeavour especially in business, science, medicine, and education sector. The booming IT sector in India today has plenty of jobs for fresh computer science engineers. So the field of computer science gives never ending opportunities fresh graduates. This programme study encompasses a variety of topics that relates to computation, like development of algorithms, analysis of algorithms, programming languages, software design and computer hardware. Computer Science Engineering has roots in Electrical engineering, Mathematics, and Linguistics.
The department of CSE has been accredited by NBA in 2023 for three years. The department has well-qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty who are involved in research. They have been publishing in reputed journals and conference proceedings. Faculty regularly attend Workshops and Faculty Development Programs to keep themselves updated with emerging technologies. A number of Workshops, Seminars and Invited lectures from experts from academia and industry are conducted in the department on cutting edge technologies for the benefit of the faculty and the students. All the students are trained in Design Thinking and Innovation Lab and IOT skills lab set up in the Institution. Students also attend Workshops and Conferences conducted by different organizations. The department conducts an array of activities like Quizzes, Programming Tests, Aptitude Tests under the professional bodies like Computer Society of India (CSI) and Board for IT Education Standards (BITES). Students are encouraged to participate in competitions conducted by various organizations and many win prizes and bring laurels to the department. The department also brings out bi-annual Newsletters where students and faculty publish articles related to the recent developments in the field of computer science and engineering. Achievements of students, faculty and department are also published.
Results are on the higher side. Final year results are consistently above 95%. A number of eligible students get placed in the Campus Placement. The department strives for the all-round development of the students.
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Navkis College of Engineering offers 4 years (8 Semesters) B.E. course with an intake of 120 students. The department is equipped with all necessary infrastructure and laboratory facilities to conduct the course as per the University prescribed curriculum. Class rooms are equipped with Data Projectors and Internet facility. Computer Labs have machines with latest configuration. The department has been identified as a research centre by Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, Karnataka. Microsoft Learn for Educators Centre of Excellence has been set up in the department in association with ICT Academy.
Innovations in Teaching Learning
III SEMESTER (2021 SCHEME)
• Transform Calculus, Fourier Series And Numerical Techniques
• Data Structures and Applications
• Analog and Digital Electronics
• Computer Organization and Architecture
• Object Oriented Programming with Java Laboratory
• Social Connect and Responsibility
• Ability Enhancement Course-III
IV SEMESTER (2021 SCHEME)
• Mathematical Foundations for Computing
• Design and Analysis of Algorithms
• Operating Systems
• Microcontroller and Embedded Systems
• Biology for Engineers
• Python Programming Laboratory
• Ability Enhancement Course-III
• Universal Human Values
V SEMESTER (2018 SCHEME)
• Management, Entrepreneurship for IT industry
• Computer Networks and Security
• Database Management System
• Automata theory and Computability
• Application Development using Python
• Unix Programming
• Computer Network Laboratory
• DBMS Laboratory with mini project
• Environmental Studies
VI SEMESTER (2018 SCHEME)
• System Software and Compilers
• Computer Graphics and Visualization
• Web Technology and its applications
• Professional Elective -1
• Open Elective –A
• System Software Laboratory
• Computer Graphics Laboratory with mini project
• Mobile Application Development Laboratory
VII SEMESTER (2018 SCHEME)
• Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
• Big Data Analytics
• Professional Elective – 2
• Professional Elective – 3
• Open Elective –B
• Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Laboratory
• Project Work Phase – 1
VIII SEMESTER (2018 SCHEME)
• Internet of Things
• Professional Elective – 4
• Project Work Phase – 2
• Technical Seminar
PROFESSIONAL ELECTIVE-1 (2018 SCHEME)
• Data Mining and Data Warehousing
• Object Oriented Modelling and Design
• Cloud Computing and its Applications
• Advanced JAVA and J2EE
• System Modelling and Simulation
OPEN ELECTIVE – A (2018 SCHEME)
• Mobile Application Development 18CS652
• Introduction to Data Structures and Algorithms
• Programming in JAVA
• Introduction to Operating System
PROFESSIONAL ELECTIVE-2 (2018 SCHEME)
• Software Architecture and Design Patterns
• High Performance Computing
• Advanced Computer Architecture
• User Interface Design
PROFESSIONAL ELECTIVE-3 (2018 SCHEME)
• Digital Image Processing
• Network management
• Natural Language Processing
• Robotic Process Automation Design & Development
OPEN ELECTIVE – B (2018 SCHEME)
• Introduction to Big Data Analytics
• Python Application Programming
• Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
• Introduction to Dot Net framework for Application Development
PROFESSIONAL ELECTIVE-4 (2018 SCHEME)
• Mobile Computing
• Storage Area Networks
• NoSQL Database
• Multicore Architecture and Programming
There are Five Laboratories in the department with a total of 198 computers with latest configuration. Latest software like Android studio, Python, glut, Bison and flex, MySQL, Java, eclipse etc are available. The laboratories have UPS for power
supply backup. All the computer systems software are protected by licensed anti-virus software-tool. Sophos firewall is installed to protect the network. The LAN's are connected to the optical fibre backbone of the campus wide network. Internet facility
with 100 Mbps date rate.
Name of the Laboratory:
- Programming & Visualization Laboratory: Network of 64 Systems
- Database and Applications Development Laboratory: Network of 40 Systems
- System Software Laboratory: Network of 36 Systems
- AI and ML Laboratory: Network of 36 Systems
- Analog & Digital Electronics Laboratory: Network of 22 Systems
Different Laboratory Courses conducted in these Computer laboratories as per the University Curriculum are:
- Data Structures Lab
- Design & Analysis of Algorithms Lab
- Electronic Circuits & Logic Design Lab.
- Microprocessors Lab.
- Computer Graphics & Visualization Lab.
- System Software and Operating Systems Lab.
- Unix system Programming Lab.
- Computer Networks Lab.
- Web Programming Lab.
- Mobile application development Lab.
Programming & Visualization Lab
System Software Laboratory
AI and ML Laboratory